President's Blog 7 September 2015
7th September, 2015
So we are definitely having a late summer fiesta in the sun but we do need to think about how, as businesses, we are going to make the most of the months ahead.
It’s time to mention two events with “winter” in their title!
Penrith Winter Festival 2015 will run from 28th November to 24th December and there are lots of opportunities for businesses, retailers and community groups to get involved.
It’s really easy for you to join in during the busy run up to Christmas. The Festival team led by Lisa Jackson and aided by fabulous support from BID with Discover Penrith as headline sponsor and also Lakes and Dales Co-operative as main sponsor plus all the other sponsors and advertisers who will be featured later has created a selection box of events and activities which will make being part of the festivities much easier:
- Paint the Town Red for Christmas – 28th November to 24th December
- Christmas Jumper day - 18th December
- Fiver Fest & Small Business Saturday - 5th December
- #ElfieSelfie Social Media campaign
- Advert – ¼ page advert in the festival programme
- Offer – a voucher offer in the programme
- Mass carol singing concert
- Christmas themed Park Run
- Your own event
Sponsorship opportunities still available – you can click here to find out more http://bit.ly/1JP6ok9
Meanwhile over at Eden Arts ...they have been very busy pulling together Penrith’s fourth Winter Droving, which takes place on Saturday 14th November. Again, there are so many ways that business can get involved and benefit from the thousands of people coming into town – we expect around 20,000 people this year. It’s a chance to show off the town, your business and it highlights how culture, business and community can work positively together.
It is not all about asking for money – but if you would like to part with some cash and sponsor an element of the Winter Droving you can. Here is what they have left.
Last lantern available to sponsor is the Sheep. £500 Ewe know ewe wanna!
You can sponsor a stage at the Winter Droving for £1000 or the Winter Droving ‘Masqued Mash Up After Party’ at Penrith Leisure Centre, featuring music from The Baghdaddies and Electric Swing Circus. You will need your dancing shoes for this one. Download the sponsor pack here. Deadline is looming -11th Sept is your last chance.
We should mention the businesses & organisations that have already put their hands in their wallets...
Main Funders: Arts Council England, Eden District Council, Penrith BID, Penrith Lottery
Main sponsor: AST Signs
Lanterns sponsors: Shire Hotels (North Lakes Hotel), Burnetts, Beech House Holidays, Armstrong & Watson, Rheged and Brunswick Yard
Drovers Cup sponsor: Kyloes Inns
Friends: H&H Reeds, TJ Ewbank,
Programme Advertisers: Foundry 34, Grahams, Dodd & Co, Hedgehog Books
If cash is not an option there are plenty of other ways to get involved.
1. Put a team into The Drovers Cup – hay bale racing, sausage eating, pint carrying and tug of war. A great way to showcase your business with team branding.
2. Dress your window. Take down your spider’s webs and witches hats and create a Winter Droving inspired window from 1st November. Themes are purple, orange, hessian and masks. Get creative and if you are not creative, get in touch with Eden Arts who will be happy to help.
3. Create some special offers for visitors to the Winter Droving, Eden Arts will tweet and facebook about them.
4. If you are an accommodation provider, send us your details and we will include you on the Winter Droving website
5. Volunteer as a steward
6. Buy loads of tickets for the Masqued Mash Up Ball
7. Tell all your friends to come
8. Wear a mask
9. Join the herd