Penrith and other local businesses offering services during COVID-19, Coronavirus
UPDATED AT 20.20, 30.06.20
Below is a list of businesses that have contacted us to let us know that they are still operating currently. This is changing on a daily basis and our aim is to keep this updated to reflect these changes in circumstances. Since we first posted a list on facebook, a number of businesses have had to cease operations and we have removed them from here.
Please keep in contact and we will do our best to keep you up to date.
- NEW EMERGENCY SUPPORT HELPLINE
Only for people at high risk of becoming seriously ill as a result of COVID-19 and who do not have support available from friends, family or neighbours.
0800 783 1966
Full details can be found online at cumbria.gov.uk
Retail Businesses now operating with restrictions:
- 3G Financial Limited, St Andrew's Square
Open 9 - 5pm. If not in office, please phone. Saturdays by appointment.
- AB Mots, Hartness Road, Gilwilly Industrial Estate
- Angel Cards and Gifts, Angel Lane
Open 10am - 3pm. Max 4 customers.
- Angel Lane Chippie, Angel Lane
Re-opening 16th June. Open Tue - Sat 11.30-2pm, 4-8pm.
- Another Weigh, Angel Lane
- Argos, New Squares
Open 8am - 8pm. Max 4 customers. Pay online and collect from store only.
- Arragons Cycle Centre, Brunswick Road
Open Mon - Sat 10am - 4pm
- Bake4Eden, Sandgate
- Beckside Books, St Andrew's Square
Open Tue, Thu - Sat 10am - 4pm, Wed 10am - 1pm, Max 4 customers.
- Boot Opticians, Brewery Lane
- Brunswick Antiques, Brunswick Road
Open 10 - 4pm. One customer (or two from same household)
- Clarke’s Fusions, Little Dockray
Open 10am - 4pm. Max 1 customer. Card payment only.
- Coach House Laundrette, Friargate
Open 8am to 12pm Monday to Friday. Call 01768 867878
- Cowpers Mobility Centre, Friargate
- Cranstons Foodhall, Ullswater Road
Mon - Sat 8am - 6pm, Sun 10am - 4pm. Cranstons have expanded their normal service to include a new Click and Collect option.
As of 14th April, Cranstons have introduced a dedicated telephone line and a Call and Collect option - 01768 807148
- Dave Hudson Electrical, Great Dockray
- David Hayton Ltd, Gilwilly Industrial Estate
Mon-Fri 8.30-6pm (Weekends by appointment)
- Eden Gallery Tea Rooms, St Andrews Churchyard
Open 9 to 4pm. Takeaway food and drinks; Fish & Chips; Sanwiches; Teas, Coffees, Cold Drinks; Art Supplies and Books
- EVAN Gallery, Corney Place
Open 2 - 5pm
- Fellside Carpets & Flooring Limited, Sandgate
Open Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Sat 9am - 4pm, Max 2 customers. Card, Cheque or BACS payments only.
- FG Sewing, Devonshire Arcade
Open 8.30 - 4.30.
- Finesse Bridal, Middlegate
Open by appointment.
- Finesse Jewellery, Middlegate
Open 10am - 5pm. Max 2 customers.
- Fixit4Eden, mobile service
- Flower Designs, Little Dockray, Penrith
- Friargate House Ltd, Friargate
Open 10am - 4pm. Max 4 customers.
- G&S Penrith Ltd, Eden Business Park
Mon-Fri 8.30 - 5pm. Payment by invoice to account holders only.
- Gianni's Ristorante and Pizzeria, Market Square
Friday to Sunday 5 to 8.30pm. Takeaway only. Card Payments preferred.
- Greenwheat Flowers & Fika, Brunswick Road
Open 11am to 2pm DELIVERY OPTIONS
- Hallmark/Thorntons, New Squares
Open 11am - 4pm. Max 6 customers.
- Harpers Toymaster, Middlegate
Open 10am - 5pm. Max 3 customers.
- Hays Travel, Middlegate
Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.00pm. 01768 753729
- Hearth and Home (Cumbria) Ltd, Brunswick Road
Open 9am - 2.30pm. Max 2 families
- Hospice at Home, Little Dockray
Now open Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm.
- Huws Gray Penrith, Gilwilly Industrial Estate
Showroom unavailable at this time. Open 7.30 to 4.30. Card payments only.
- Intercars of Penrith, Gilwilly Industrial Estate
Mon to Fri 8.30-17.30. Sat 8.30-12.00 (Service Dept) Sat 8.30 to 17.00 (Sales); Sun 12.00 to 16.00 (Sales). Limited customers in store.
- J & J Graham, Market Square
- Just Sew, Poets Walk
Open 8am - 3pm. Max 3 customers.DELIVERY OPTIONS
- Lakeland Embroidery, Middlegate
Open 9am - 5pm. Max 3 customers.
- Lakeland Llama Treks, Brougham
11am to 2pm
- Lakeland Music, Little Dockray
- Lowther Holiday Park - Mini Market, Eamont Bridge
- Mackays4meat, Gilwilly
- Moon on the Hill, Angel Lane
Open 10am - 5pm. Max 2 customers. Card payment only.
- Morrisons Garage, Gilwilly Industrial Estate
- Murray Electrical, 25 Middlegate
NOW OPEN tel: 01768863020 mob: 07795245394 DELIVERY OPTIONS
- N Arnison & Sons, Devonshire Street, Penrith
Open 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
- Natures Health Store, King Street
Limited Opening Times: Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri 9am to 3pm, Wed and Sat 10am - 3pm. DELIVERY OPTIONS
- Penrith Scaffolding Service, Milton Street, Penrith
- Rooting 4 U, Devonshire Arcade
- Sam Scott's, Little Dockray
Open Mon - Fri, 10am - 3pm. Max 4 customers. Card payments only.
- Sassi Nix, King Street
- Satu Interiors, Scotland Road
01768 210440 DELIVERY OPTIONS
- Seagraves & Dixon, Cornmarket
Opening Tuesday, Thurdsay and Saturday 10am to 3pm
- Specsavers, Angel Square
- Starfruits, Angel Square
- Stationery 4 Less, Angel Lane
Mon - Sat, 9am - 5pm
- The Arcade Pet Store, Devonshire Arcade
- The Boutique Penrith, Middlegate
Opening Tue - Sat 11am - 2.30pm. Max 1 customer (or 2 from same household)
- The Chopping Block, Two Lions Square
Mon - Sat 9am - 3pm DELIVERY OPTIONS
- The Hedgehog Bookshop, Little Dockray
Open Mon, Fri and Sat 10am - 3pm. Max 2 customers. Card payments only.
- The Lion Gallery, Little Dockray
Open 10am - 3pm. Max 3 customers. Card payments only.
- The Little Chippy, Cornmarket
Contactless Payments preferred
- Thompson’s of Penrith, Mardale Road
- Three Crowns Tea Shop, Three Crowns Yard, Penrith
Opening 16th June.
- Tim Roebuck Opticians, King Street
For emergencies only. Please phone 01768 899944 to book.
- Twinkletoes of Penrith, Devonshire Arcade
Mon - Sat 9.30am - 5pm
- United Colors of Benetton, Middlegate
Open Mon - Fri 11.30 - 3.30. Max customers - 4
- Verity Home, Bluebell Lane
Open Tue - Fri 9.30 - 5pm, Sat 10 - 3pm. Max 2 customers. Card payments only.
- Victoria's, Castlegate
(From 18th) Open Thu & Fri 10.30 - 4pm. Max 2 customers.
- WCF Pet & Equestrian, Brunswick Rd
- Wild Ivy, Great Dockray
Open Wed - Sat, 9am - 1pm
- Yorkshire Trading, King Street
- Your Spinal Health, King Street
Open Mon - Fri 9am - 1.30pm, 3.30 - 6.30pm by appointment only.
- Chestnut House, Pooley Bridge
Delivering to Penrith and a wide range of villages across the Eden Valley - Next Day Delivery on All Orders
- Cocklakes Farm Shop, Troutbeck
- Stainton Shop & Post Office, Stainton
- Thea's Lakeland Walks *NEWLY REOPENED*
Food & Drink Businesses offering Takeaway and/or Delivery Services:
- Caffeine Rush, Market Square
- Dana Indian Takeaway, Great Dockray
- Deniz Foods, Middlegate
- Just Greek, King Street
Tuesday to Thursday 5-9pm; Friday & Saturday 5-10pm; Sunday 5-9pm
- Foundry 34, Sandgate
- Llama Karma Kafe, Brougham
Open daily, 9am to 3pm
- MyKebab, Middlegate
- New Squares Café, Bowling Green Lane
- Sandgate Friery, Sandgate
- Spicy Kitchen, Devonshire Street
- Taste of Bengal, Stricklandgate
- Tattie Tim, Devonshire Street
- The Country Coffee Shop, Princes Street
- The Wolfe, Little Dockray
Wolfe Heat 'N' Eat - Orders in by 3pm for next day collection.
- Villa Bianca, Corney Square
Back by popular demand! Limited Opening - Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5pm.
- Woodstone Pizza and Grill, Princes Street
- Wrights Coffee, Middlegate
- Xavier's, Victoria Road
- The Brantwood Hotel, Stainton
Providing Takeaway meals for collection or local delivery.
- The Kings Arms, Stainton
Providing takeway meals for collection or local delivery. Also providing essentials for delivery or from the shop.
Offering to convert Guestrooms for use as single occupancy offices for those who cannot work from home - for more info, call 01768 868696.
Eden Carers support unpaid Carers in Eden. A Carer is a friend, family member who would not be able to cope without their help. As the coronavirus continues to take hold, we are making a few changes to ensure that we protect people’s health and act in the best interests of Carers, staff, and the wider community.
Changes are as follows:
- Carer Assessments & reviews will be completed by one to one support over the phone or using self-assessment forms.
- In addition staff will pro-actively be offering telephone support to their most vulnerable Carers.
- Temporarily suspending all social groups.
- Temporarily stopping work in schools, GP Practices and hospital settings and our volunteer services.
Other Business Listings
- Cumbria Stone Ltd, Gilwilly Industrial Estate
- Harveys , Burrowgate
- Greg Molloy, Victoria Road
- Hart Distribution, Gilwilly Road
If you are struggling to get essential items to family or friends, sending stock to meet demand or just keeping your business ticking over. Please consider using us, a local family parcel delivery service based in Penrith, covering the whole of Cumbria.
- Metcalfe Plant Hire, Gilwilly Industrial Estate
- Newcastle Building Society, Market Square
- Wiltshire Farm Foods, East Lakes Business Park
- TJ Ewbank Ltd - Hardwood & Softwood Logs, Bolton
Deliveries still operating as normal to those who need them.