Penrith and other local businesses offering services during COVID-19, Coronavirus
UPDATED AT 11.30HRS, 08.04.20
Below is a list of businesses that have contacted us to let us know that they are still operating currently. This is changing on a daily basis and our aim is to keep this updated to reflect these changes in circumstances. Since we first posted a list on facebook, a number of businesses have had to cease operations and we have removed them from here.
Please keep in contact and we will do our best to keep you up to date.
- NEW EMERGENCY SUPPORT HELPLINE
Only for people at high risk of becoming seriously ill as a result of COVID-19 and who do not have support available from friends, family or neighbours.
0800 783 1966
Full details can be found online at cumbria.gov.uk
National NHS Volunteering
GoodSAM is the platform powering the on boarding and deployment of the Volunteers for the NHS and RVS during the Coronavirus crisis. The Government aim to recruit 1.4 million Volunteers and you will soon be able to sign up to help.
Support Cumbria is an official collaboration of partners across Cumbria who are working together to provide community support to residents who are struggling to access basic or essential services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
This site provides a central point to help coordinate volunteering efforts to support Cumbria residents who may need help.
Volunteer, safely, in your community.
Restaurants & Cafes Offering Takeaway and/or Delivery Service:
- Greenwheat Flowers & Fika, Brunswick Road
- Foundry 34, Sandgate
- Villa Bianca, Corney Square
Back by popular demand! Limited Opening - Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 5pm.
- Wrights Coffee, Middlegate
- New Squares Café, Bowling Green Lane
- Xavier's, Victoria Road
- The Country Coffee Shop, Princes Street
- The Wolfe, Little Dockray
Wolfe Heat 'N' Eat - Orders in by 3pm for next day collection.
- Woodstone Pizza and Grill, Princes Street
- The Brantwood Hotel, Stainton
Providing Takeaway meals for collection or local delivery.
- The Kings Arms, Stainton
Providing takeway meals for collection or local delivery. Also providing essentials for delivery or from the shop.
Retail Businesses Offering Delivery Options:
- The Chopping Block, Two Lions Square
We are still open for business if you'd rather pop in to shop.
- J & J Graham, Market Square
- Just Sew, Poets Walk
- Starfruits, Angel Square
- Bake4Eden, Sandgate
- Rooting 4 U, Devonshire Arcade
- Cowpers Mobility Centre, Friargate
- Sam Scott's, Little Dockray
- Fixit4Eden, mobile service
- Clarke’s Fusions, Little Dockray
- The Arcade Pet Store, Devonshire Arcade
Deliveries only now - Please email [email protected] or call 01768 863806 (leave a message if no answer)
- Another Weigh, Angel Lane
- Twinkletoes of Penrith, Devonshire Arcade
- Natures Health Store, King Street
Limited Opening Times: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 12 noon. They would prefer you to ring an order through and collect to keep contact to a minimum.
Still offering a local delivery service and mail order service to those needing it.
- Mackays4meat, Gilwilly
Offering to convert Guestrooms for use as single occupancy offices for those who cannot work from home - for more info, call 01768 868696.
Retail Businesses Remaining Open:
- Cranstons Foodhall, Ullswater Road
Cranstons have expanded their normal service to include a new Click and Collect option.
- WCF Pet & Equestrian, Brunswick Rd
- Cocklakes Farm Shop, Troutbeck
If you are struggling to get essential items to family or friends, sending stock to meet demand or just keeping your business ticking over. Please consider using us, a local family parcel delivery service based in Penrith, covering the whole of Cumbria.
Eden Carers support unpaid Carers in Eden. A Carer is a friend, family member who would not be able to cope without their help. As the coronavirus continues to take hold, we are making a few changes to ensure that we protect people’s health and act in the best interests of Carers, staff, and the wider community.
Changes are as follows:
- Carer Assessments & reviews will be completed by one to one support over the phone or using self-assessment forms.
- In addition staff will pro-actively be offering telephone support to their most vulnerable Carers.
- Temporarily suspending all social groups.
- Temporarily stopping work in schools, GP Practices and hospital settings and our volunteer services.
Other Business Listings
- TJ Ewbank Ltd - Hardwood & Softwood Logs, Bolton
Deliveries still operating as normal to those who need them.
- Sandgate Friery, Sandgate
- Just Greek, King Street
- Dana Indian Takeaway, Great Dockray
- Spicy Kitchen, Devonshire Street
- MyKebab, Middlegate
- Deniz Foods, Middlegate